Each of these links opens in a separate window. Please tell the webmaster if any of them do not work, or if there is something else you would like us to link to.
- The Sufism of Hazrat Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan
- Inayati Order Teachers
- Book Stores
- Communities and Sufi Centers
- Austin, Texas
- Other Resources
- Audio and Video
The Sufism of Hazrat Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan
- The Sufi Invocation, Toward The One, in many languages.
- Another list of the Sufi Invocation in many languages.
- The Prayers of Inayat Khan, an essential Sufi practice emphasizing the human need for expression.
- The Nekhbakht Foundation, a non-profit foundation dedicated to preserving and disseminating the teachings of Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan (1882-1927).
- The Inayati Order: A Sufi Path of Spiritual Liberty, founded by Hazrat Inayat Khan, currently led by Pir Zia Inayat Khan, grandson of Hazrat Inayat Khan.
- The Sufi Ruhaniat International, founded by Murshid Samuel Lewis, a student of Hazrat Inayat Khan.
- The Sufi Way, founded by Fazal Inayat Khan, Inayat Khan’s grandson
- The International Sufi Movement, founded by Hazrat Inayat Khan, currently led by Hidayat Inayat Khan.
- International Sufi Movement, USA, US branch of the Sufi Movement.
- Inayati Sufism, a nice overview of Inayat Khan’s teachings.
- The Inayati-Maimuni Order, a modern amalgam of Sufism and Hasidism.
- Dances of Universal Peace, founded by Murshid Sam Lewis, a student of Inayat Khan. These dances continue Inayat Khan’s message of the unity of religions.
- Cherag Training, a resource on becoming a Cherag (minister in the Universal Worship) and ongoing development of Cherags around the world.
- A Cherag’s Library, An interfaith resource from a universal perspective of Sufism based on the teachings of Hazrat Inayat Khan.
- Ziraat, a concentration given by Hazrat Inayat Khan, uses the symbols of agriculture to describe the inner life.
- The Works of Hazrat Inayat Khan – several sources on line.
- Wahiduddin.net – The Message volumes, Sayings, and other works of Hazrat Inayat Khan, including a search engine.
- The Hazrat Inayat Khan Study Database
- Centrum-Universel.com – The Message volumes, Sayings, and other works of Hazrat Inayat Khan and Pir Vilayat Khan.
- Rosanna.com – The Works of Hazrat Inayat Khan on line.
- Subscribe to the daily Bowl of Saki, 366 aphorisms by Hazrat Inayat Khan with commentary selected by Wahiduddin from the writings of Hazrat Inayat Khan.
- Subscribe to the daily Bowl of Saki with commentary my Murshid Sam Lewis on the Sufi Family email group.
- Subscribe to daily meditations from the works of Hazrat Inayat Khan. These 366 meditations, different from the Bowl of Saki, were selected and arranged by Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan in 1982.
- A Sufi Message. Contains lots of nice excerpts from Inayat Khan’s writings.
- The Works of Shamcher Bryn Beorse, a long-time student of Inayat Khan.
- The Shamcher Archives – more about Shamcher Bryn Beorse
- The Legacy of Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, son of Hazrat Inayat Khan and second Pir of the Inayati Order.
- The Universel: A Course of Meditation by Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan.
- Invincible Spirit, a tribute to Pir Vilayat.
- Works by Murshid Sam Lewis
- Centrum Universel, inspired by the Universal Worship, contains pages and links for the major religions.
PetamaProject of the Happy Beggars, a lovely site in English and German. UniverseelSoefisme. This site is in Dutch,but has a good list of links on its Links page.
- Oneness Project, a private non-profit foundation dedicated to the Dances Universal Peace.
- Pir Zia, current head of The Inayati Order.
- Inayati Order Retreats – Guided Retreats by various teachers
- Suluk Press: Omega Publications, a bookstore affiliated with The Inayati Order carrying lots of material on Sufism.
- The Sufi Bookstore, the bookstore that goes with the Cherag Library website.
- Al-Baz, publishers of English translations of Sufi texts, treasures of Islam.
- The Hope Project, a Sufi service project in India. In the USA you can donate via the Children’s Ashram Fund.
Communities and Sufi Centers
These are not in any particular order. Contact the webmaster if you would like your community listed here.
- The Abode of the Message, a community in upstate New York, USA, inspired by the Sufism of Hazrat Inayat Khan.
- Lama Foundation – A spiritual community and seminar center near Taos, New Mexico, USA. Honors all spiritual paths.
- Rising Tide – An esoteric school and commmunity center in Sarasota, Florida, USA.
- List of Inayati Order centers around the world.
- The Sufi Order of Toronto – contains lots of good information and links.
- The Shining Heart Community, Kansas City, Missouri, a very active community.
- The Sufi Order of Rochester, New York.
- The Church of All in Burbank, California.
- The Light of Guidance Center, 223 Second Ave. #5J, New York, NY 10003, 212-477-6085. Sharifa and Muinuddin Norton Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sufi Order of Seattle, Washington
- Southwest Sufi Community, 1500 acres near Silver City
- Sufi Order of Vancouver, Canada
- Interfaith Action of Central Texas, promoting dialogue among all religious traditions.
- Sufi Dancing (Dances of Universal Peace) in Austin.
- The Internet Sacred Text Archive, a huge collection of texts from a great number of religious traditions.
- Wahiduddin, a student of mysticism in Colorado, has lots of information on the Sufism of Inayat Khan, Dances of Universal Peace and related topics.
- Hazrat Inayat Khan’s primary initiatic lineage is derived through the Chishtiyya, a Sufi Order that began in what is now Afghanistan in the town of Chisht. This lovely site tells all.
- A History of Western Sufism, including Hazrat Inayat Khan and others.
- Katinka Hesselink has a nice collection of Sufi writings, stories and links.
- Abwoon Network: An approach to the Aramaic Jesus, Middle Eastern spirituality and Dances of Universal Peace.
- Serving the Guest: A Sufi Cookbook and Art Gallery. (Not entirely about cooking.)
- Interfaith Calendar – Lists holy days in many traditions.
- A lovely collection of writings by and about Shaikh ‘Abd Al-Qadir Al-Jilani.
- Naqshbandi Sufi Order.
- The Threshold Society (Mevlevi Sufi Order).
- Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship.
- A site dedicated to Dr. Zahurul Hassan Sharib, an emminent Sufi of the Qadri, Chishti and Gudri Shahi Orders.
- Institute for Applied Meditation (IAM): Heart Rhythm Practice by Puran and Susanna Bair.
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance promote an understanding and appreciation of different religions.
- Zenith Institute sponsors Sufi summer camps in the Swiss Alps. A wonderful experience.
Audio and Video
These files are best downloaded to your computer and then played with media-playing software such as Windows Media Player or iTunes. To download, right-click (Windows) or press Ctrl and click (Mac) and then select “Save as” or “Download” or similar command.
- Hazrat Inayat Khan singing Allahu Akbar (412 KB; 01:24).
- Pir Zia leading a meditation on the elements (11 MB; 11:57). This comes from a course at Suluk Academy. For more information contact email@example.com.
- Video of Murshid Sam leading dance (2 MB), from the movie Sunseed.
- Wali Ali Meyer on Murshid Sam Lewis (5 MB; 14:22), a talk given at Murshid SAM’s ‘urs (anniversary of death) on January 15, 2005.
- Introduction to Meditation: a seminar by Shahabuddin in Austin, April 2010.
- The Secret of Happiness: a lecture by Shahabuddin in Austin, June 20 2011. (85 MB; 01:30:53).